Tesla Advisory Pickup Checklist
What should you consider when picking up your Tesla?
Ordered your Tesla and the anticipation is growing. It is best to prepare for delivery a few days in advance. Clarify the last things like insurance, license plate reservation and order and also order some accessories from us, which we will send to you in good time so that the collection is a complete success. Don't forget to order a charging card (Shell ReCharge, EnBW, Maingau or similar) if there is no supercharger nearby.
On the day of delivery, make sure again with Tesla that the car is actually there. It has happened in the past that the car was not ready for delivery as agreed. Then it's time to pack all the papers (registration, confirmation of payment), number plate, driver's license, vehicle papers and your matching Tesla accessories from Shop4Tesla and off you go.
Since the vehicle has been on a long journey, it can happen that transport damage occurs or accessories are forgotten. Therefore, it makes sense to check your Tesla briefly but intensively before taking it over. Damage to the paintwork or missing accessories can no longer be complained about so easily later on. So that you don't forget the most important points, we will provide you with a checklist that you can also download here. On another page you will find the most important settings after collection.
- Does the vehicle identification number (VIN) match between the documents, the vehicle and the app?
- Are the registration certificates parts 1 and 2 and the CoC papers available? CoC stands for "Certificate of Conformity". The German CoC usually says “EC Certificate of Conformity”. This document ensures that the car meets EU standards, i.e. has an EU type approval.
- Do the license plates (front and rear) match the papers?
- Does the color of your Tesla match the color ordered (inside and outside)?
- Are there 2 key cards and do they work?
- Green sticker is available and stuck
- Tesla Mobile Connector incl. Schuko and CCE adapter (blue) in carrying case?
- Charging cable for public charging station (type 2 charging cable) available?
- Manual and instructions stored (in the glove compartment)?
- Ordered accessories (winter tires, rims, AERO caps etc.) included?
- Warning triangle and first aid kit with you?
- Check the paintwork completely for scratches, dents and blisters or paint runs
- Check the frunk gaps (front hood)
- Open the frunk, check the paint and plastic parts and see if there is a frunk mat
- Check Frunk for moisture, including under the mat
- Check the doors individually, check the function of the handles and check for damage
- Check the rubber seals on the doors and trunk for proper seating
- Check the paint on the hidden areas of the doors
- Check the trunk for moisture, also under the cover
- Open and close the trunk and pay attention to the seat of the trunk lid, it may hit
- Check rim size and type
- Check the rims for damage - also under the AERO cover
- Check tire size and type with order
- Check wheel housings for damage
- Try headlights, check for damage and check for condensation (wet)
- Light test (brake light, indicators, etc.)
- Chargeport opens, closes, is flush and has CCS chargeport
- Check glass roof & windows for damage
- Check exterior mirrors for damage/paint defects
- For the performance model: is the carbon spoiler glued correctly?
- Check display for function, image errors/pixel errors
- Register phone as a key
- SOS button available (above next to hazard warning lights, only in older models)
- Test functions via smartphone (lock/unlock, preheat)
- Exterior mirrors can be adjusted, folded in and out
- Seats and steering wheel can be adjusted electrically
- Test charging function if possible
- Check window moldings for scratches and gaps
- Check seats for damage and defective seams
- Check the function of the seat heaters (if necessary,also in the back seats)
- Check steering wheel heating
- Fold the seats down and back, listening for the noise
- Check trunk for damage
- Roll the windows up and down and listen for noises
- Turn the heating up fully and check whether air is coming out of all outlets, including the rear
- Check all interior lights for function (trunk, glove compartment, center console and frunk)
- Check phone cable
- check all 4 USB ports (2 front, 2 rear)
- 12V connection working? It is best to take something with you to test
- Test rear view camera
- All speakers work and are available (15 pieces for premium equipment)
- Check internet connection
- Check center console and steering wheel for damage/scratches
- Check door panel for damage and correct equipment
- Check dashboard for damage and gaps
- Check the function of the steering wheel buttons
- Glove compartment can be opened
- all doors can be opened and the front doors can be opened with the manual unlocking device (bottom button)
- for premium interior: all floor mats are present and not damaged
- Sit on every seat! This gives you a view from every perspective and you may see more than just the driver's perspective
If you have checked everything and hopefully found few defects, we wish you a lot of fun with your new Tesla and always have a safe journey!
And here's an extra tip for you:
You can redeem the so-called GHG quota for your Tesla (any electric car). Here you receive an annual payment for your Tesla. You can also redeem the GHG quota with us and have 333 euros paid out (300 euros payout + 33 euros Shop4Tesla voucher) or you redeem your GHG quota for our essential set for the Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on. This has a goods value of 444 euros (399 euros retail price). You can get more information here.