Tesla Guide - Pickup Checklist
What should you keep in mind when picking up your Tesla Model 3?
Your Tesla Model 3 is on order and the excitement is rising. It's best to prepare for delivery a few days in advance. Take care of last things like insurance, license plate reservation and ordering and also order some accessories from us, which we will send you in time so that the pickup will be a complete success. Don't forget to order a charging card (Shell ReCharge, EnBW, Maingau or similar) in case there is no SuperCharger nearby.
On the day of delivery, check again with Tesla whether the car is actually on site. It has happened in the past that the car was not ready for delivery as agreed. Then pack all papers (registration, confirmation of payment), license plate, driver's license, vehicle documents and your matching Tesla accessories from Shop4Tesla and go.
Since the vehicle has a long journey behind it, it can happen that there is transport damage or possibly accessories are forgotten. Therefore, it makes sense to check your Tesla Model 3 briefly but intesively before taking delivery. Especially paint damage or missing accessories can not be easily claimed later. So that you do not forget the most important points, we give you a checklist to hand, which you can also download here
- Does the chassis number (VIN) match between the papers, the vehicle and the app?
- Are the registration certificates parts 1 and 2 and the CoC documents available? CoC stands for "Certificate of Conformity". The German CoC usually says "EG-Übereinstimmungsbescheinigung" (EC certificate of conformity). This document ensures that the car complies with EU standards, i.e. that it has EU type approval.
- Do the license plates (front and rear) match the paperwork?
- Does the color of your Tesla match the color you ordered (interior and exterior)?
- Are 2 key cards included and do they work?
- If necessary check if the performance upgrade is installed
- Environmental badge is present and glued
- Tesla Mobile Connector incl. Schuko and CCE adapter (blue) in carrying bag included?
- Charging cable for public charging station (type 2 charging cable) available?
- Manual and instructions (in the glove compartment) deposited?
- Ordered accessories (winter tires, rims, AERO caps etc.) included?
- Warning triangle and first aid kit included?
- Check paint completely for scratches, dents and bubbles or paint noses
- Check gap dimensions of frunk (front hood)
- Open frunk, check paint and plastic parts and see if frunk mat is present
- Check frunk for moisture, also under the mat
- Check doors individually, check function of handles and for damage
- Check sealing rubbers of doors and trunk for proper fit
- Check the paint on the hidden parts of the doors
- Check the trunk for moisture, also under the cover
- Open and close the trunk and check the fit of the trunk lid, it may bump against it.
- Check rim size and type
- Check rims for damage - also under the AERO cover
- Check tire size and type with order
- Check wheel housings for damage
- Try headlights, check for damage and check for condensation (wetness)
- Light test (brake lights, turn signals, etc.)
- Chargeport can be opened, closed, is flush and has CCS chargeport
- Check glass roof & windows for damage
- Check exterior mirrors for damage/paint defects
- For performance model: is the carbon spoiler properly bonded
- Check display for function, image errors/pixel errors
- Register phone as key
- SOS button available (top next to warning lights, only in older model 3)
- Test functions via smartphone (open/close, preheating)
- Exterior mirrors can be adjusted, folded in and out
- Seats and steering wheel can be adjusted electrically
- Test charging function, if possible
- Check chrome trim for scratches and gaps
- Check seats for damage and defective seams
- Check seat heaters for function (if necessary also on rear seats with premium equipment)
- Fold down and recline the seats and check for noises
- Check trunk for damage
- Raise and lower windows and check for noises
- Turn up heater fully and check if air comes out of all outlets, also in the back
- Check all interior lights for function (trunk, glove box, center console and frunk)
- Check phone cable
- Check all 4 USB ports (2 front, 2 rear)
- 12V connection working? For this it is best to take something to test
- Test rear view camera
- All loudspeakers are working and are present (with Premium equipment 15 pieces)
- Check internet connection
- Check center console and steering wheel for damage/scratches
- Check door panel for damage and correct equipment
- Check dashboard for damage and gap dimensions
- Check steering wheel buttons for function
- glove compartment can be opened
- all doors can be opened and the front doors can be opened with the manual release (lower button)
- for premium interior: are all floor mats present and not damaged
- Sit on every seat! This will give you a view from every perspective, so you may see more than just from the driver's perspective